Parent-Teacher Committee Meetings
The general "PTC" meetings are held periodically. These meetings are held in the school cafeteria or library. Parents are encouraged to attend and participate. Parent involvement is one indication of your interest in your child's life at school. Attendance will be taken at each meeting, parents may receive one service hour for attending PTC meetings.
School expectations for parents / legal guardians
- Contribution of at least 20 hours of service to the school during the school year
- Support of all mandatory fundraising efforts sponsored by St. Joseph School and its Parent Teacher Committee
- Each family is expected to raise a minimum of $100.00 for mandatory fundraising activities during the school year
Safe Environment Training for Volunteers
Anyone entrusted with the care, responsibility, and or supervision of children, youth, or vulnerable adults or who wants unsupervised access to these vulnerable populations MUST successfully complete a Level 2 FBI/Florida Department of Law Enforcement background check performed by the Diocese of St. Petersburg based on electronic fingerprinting.
To complete the certification you must:
1. Attend a Safe Environment Program Training for Access to Children. Once complete you will receive a certificate of completion, which is good for 5 years. Please bring that certificate to the school.
2. Fingerprint-Based Background Screening: You must attend one of the locations to get your fingerprints. These have a cost of $55 and are valid for 5 years.
3. Complete a Covered Volunteer Application Form and turn it into the school office.
For any questions, please contact the Office of the Safe Environment Program within the Diocese of St. Petersburg at 727-344-1611, ext. 5303