St. Joseph Catholic School is grounded on 3 Core Beliefs:
God is in all things.
We are called to offer our best to God.
Every moment matters.
- In God who is present in everyday reality and desires a personal relationship with each individual
- In the inherent goodness of every person
We believe that a quality, comprehensive Catholic education fosters:
- The development of the total person, attending to the moral, spiritual, social, intellectual, aesthetic, and physical dimensions
- A personal relationship with God through experiences of faith, prayer, sacraments, and Marian life
- Academic excellence
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills based on Gospel values
- Education to communication enabling the students to live within a global society
- Opportunities for developing skills and interests through co-curricular and extracurricular activities
We believe that forming “active Christians and contributing citizens” necessitates:
- Assisting parents in the development of their child’s Christian faith
- Helping the young to discover and freely live God’s plan in their lives
- Educating to Catholic Social Teachings applied to current issues
- Helping the young person in the development of the sense of responsible membership in the Church and in society
- Involving young people in the missionary evangelization of the Church
We believe that Salesian family spirit includes:
- A family atmosphere in which everyone is welcomed, accepted, and respected
- The educator as a loving presence among the students
- Active parental involvement as a necessary part of the educational process
- Shared responsibility and cordial collaboration among administration, faculty, staff and community of faith